Our toddler rooms are divided into younger (12-18 months) and older (18-24 months) toddlers. Our younger toddler classroom is a a transitional classroom. Our young toddlers transition from bottles to sippy cups, from cribs to cots, and from two naps a day to one mid-day nap. Our young toddlers become more independent with finger foods by feeding themselves at the table with teacher assistance. Lots of verbal skills and fine motor skills develop in this classroom.
At Heather Park Child Development Center:
- We believe in nurturing the whole child in every area of development – physical, emotional, social and intellectual.
- We believe in exposing the children to a wide variety of activities. We accomplish this in our classroom through the use of weekly themes and learning centers.
- Our goal is to make learning both fun and exciting.
- We sing songs, read books, do rhymes, finger plays and more.
- We talk to the children about things happening in the classroom and encourage them to participate verbally.
- We like to post family pictures around our classroom at the children’s eye level. This will help to both stimulate and soothe them during transitioning.
Thank you for allowing us to care for your child!
We value our classroom as an opportunity to aid in your child’s growth & development. We plan many activities to enrich your child’s cognitive, social, emotional, large motor and fine motor skills.
We strive to expose your child to new and exciting learning activities using the thematic approach. Each week we use a different theme to help us introduce new ideas & concepts to our children.
We “discuss” our theme, during language and social activities that incorporate our are of interest that week.
We strive each day in the Toddler II room to be a happy, fun, nurturing one for your child. Working together, we want to make a positive difference in the life of your child.
Heather Park Child Development Center
932 Heather Park Dr.
Garner, NC 27529
Fax: (919) 861-0030
Phone: (919) 779-2126